Monday, September 19, 2011

The Fight Against Malaria - Successes, Failures

A story from Time Magazine - Malaria has been one of those diseases that has been fought against for a long time. Much $$ has been spent in apparent 'aid' to try to eradicate this disease in third world countries. This article takes a look at why most of those efforts are misguided, and how the latest attempts are succeeding.




"...There are other, more telling statistics, he says, like how in the worst weeks, his handful of staff members may treat 5,000 people. Or how from 2007 to '08, those treated included 70% of all children in Apac and nearly a third of the area's total population..."

2 comments:

Marie Owens said...

Hello,
I wrote to you last week, but I havent heard back from you yet so I thought that I would send another comment just to make sure you recieved my request. Im sorry, I couldnt find your contact information on your blog. My name is Marie and I have been reading your blog for the past few weeks and I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have a topic that would strike your interest. Please, feel free to email me. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon

Unknown said...

Hi Marie, sorry for the delayed response. Poverty News Blog is undergoing a little bit of transition, as Kale is scaling back his time on the blog to spend more time with his family, we (www.theculturezone.com) are taking over day to day. I actually haven't had a chance to put up our introductory post yet explaining the whole situation. I would certainly love to have guest bloggers - for now you can reach me at povertynewsblog@gmail.com